Flood Safety messages from the SES
Hazards near me
You can find current information about local emergencies on Hazards Near Me. The app shows information provided from emergency services on:
- bush fires
- advice on what to do to stay safe.
The app also provides other warnings and activities in your area:
- fire danger ratings
- total fire bans
- hazard reduction activities.
The app can send you push notifications when there are new incidents or when information changes.
To see information about how to plan and prepare for bushfires visit https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/plan-and-prepare
Keep looking when cooking
Did you know that the leading cause of home fires in NSW is leaving cooking unattended.
For more information visit Cooking fire safety – Fire and Rescue NSW
Beat the heat
Temperatures often reach over thirty degrees in Tamworth in January, please keep yourself cool and stay hydrated to beat the heat.
- Wear loose fitting clothing.
- Stay out of the sun.
- Try to be indoors during the hottest part of the day.
- Close windows and doors to keep the heat out.
- Use air conditioning.
Stay hydrated by drinking water
- Avoid alcoholic, hot or sugary drinks including tea and coffee (they can make dehydration worse).
- If you go outside, carry a bottle of water with you – there are numerous places to fill them up during the Festival.
- Refill your drink bottles – station locations
For more information visit Beat the heat (nsw.gov.au)
Want to know what the weather is doing?
You can see what the weather is doing in Tamworth with the Sydney Seven News live cam – updated every 60 seconds!
Visit the link to see the iconic Tamworth location and how sunny it is: LiveWeatherViews Lite