1. What are the future dates for TCMF?
Friday 19 - Sunday 28 January 2024
Friday 17 - Sunday 26 January 2025
Friday 16 - Sunday 25 January 2026
2. Can I buy a ticket to the Festival?
The Tamworth Country Music Festival is a festival experience like no other! The Festival is not gated so you do not need to purchase a ticket to attend.
From free shows every night in the park, to buskers, stalls, kids activities and street performers there is something for everyone! Choose from thousands of free and ticketed shows over the 10 days in the pubs, clubs and hotels around Tamworth. The whole of Tamworth is in full festival swing!
3. Where can I find information on performing artists?
4. How do I get involved in busking?
5. When do tickets go on sale?
Purchase in person during the Festival at:
- The Capitol Theatre box office - Centerpoint Plaza, Peel Street Tamworth
- Festival HQ at 17 Fitzroy Street, Tamworth
- And the varying venues around Tamworth
6. Where can I see photos of the Festival?
7. are any concerts being livestreamed?
8. Are all events 18 years and over?
Please check with each entertainment venue about age restrictions.
9. Can we bring the kids along?
10. Its ALMOST FESTIVAL, can we still get accommodation?
11. I am an artist. How do I secure a venue for a performance?
12. What do I need to bring to the Festival?
- Fold out chair or picnic rug for outdoor concerts
- Driver’s licence or photographic identification. Registered Clubs and Hotels in NSW require proof of age and identification when entering some premises.
13. Where can I find more info about events and programs?
14. Can I volunteer during the festival?
15. Is there an App in 2024?
There is no App for 2024, however if you visit whatson.tcmf.com.au/events/? this will be your online guide to what is on. There are a number of ways you are able to filter the events to see who is playing and when. Alternatively, you can purchase an Official Guide at the Festival. More info here https://www.tcmf.com.au/officialguide
16. where can i get a toyota hat and tcmf merchandise?
You can get your Toyota hat from Toyota Zone at 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm each day during the Festival. Hats are only $2 each, with funds going to Lifeline (maximum 4 per person).
TCMF merchandise is available for sale on the corner of Fitzroy Street and Peel Street, or at the Tamworth Visitor Information Centre at the Big Golden Guitar.
17. Why is the Festival held in January?
Originally the festival was timed around the Australia Day Long Weekend which was the the third weekend in January and Monday was the holiday regardless when the 26th fell.
There was already some country music activity over that weekend from the late 60s and was deemed appropriate that the Golden Guitars be held then as well. Sometime in the 80s the Government of the day moved Australia Day to be celebrated on the 26th which took away the automatic long weekend. By this time the festival had grown into the 10 day event.
School holidays always finished at the end of January until that changed in the early 2000s
Thoughts about moving the date have been considered but there is no where in the year that can accommodate ten days. It is more appropriate to hold the Awards at the beginning of a year to celebrate the accomplishments of the previous year and it is the cornerstone of the festival.