1. What are the future dates for TCMF?
Friday 14 - Sunday 23 January 2022
Friday 13 - Sunday 22 January 2023
Friday 19 - Sunday 28 January 2024
Friday 17 - Sunday 26 January 2025
Friday 16 - Sunday 25 January 2026
2. How did water restrictions in Tamworth impact TCMF2020?
The Toyota Country Music Festival draws up to 50,000 people to the region each day during the Festival’s ten days in January. Bearing in mind our current circumstances we have revisited the most current water consumption statistics and found that there is minimal difference between consumption during Festival and other days in January.
As this same influx of visitors adds more than $50M to our economy, the Festival must proceed to support our local business community during these especially difficult economic times.
Visitors to the region were expected to follow water restrictions just like any resident and were subject to the same enforcement activities if they were seen breaching restrictions.
3. Was TCMF2020 impacted by the bushfires?
The Tamworth region is largely unaffected by bushfires and we welcomed many visitors to TCMF2020.
We encourage anyone travelling to the Tamworth region to download the Fires Near Me (for Apple or Android devices) and Live Traffic (for Apple or Android devices) apps, and to consult them regularly on your journey to ensure you are across any factors that may impact your trip.
4. Can I buy a ticket to the Festival?
The Tamworth Country Music Festival is a festival experience like no other! The Festival is not gated so you do not need to purchase a ticket to attend.
From free shows every night in the park, to buskers, stalls, kids activities and street performers there is something for everyone! Choose from 2,800+ free and ticketed shows over the 10 days in the pubs, clubs and hotels around Tamworth. The whole of Tamworth is in full festival swing!
5. Where can I find information on performing artists?
6. How do I get involved in busking?
7. When do tickets go on sale?
Purchase in person during the Festival at:
- The Capitol Theatre box office - Centerpoint Plaza, Peel Street Tamworth
- Festival HQ aka: Tamworth Regional Council - Ray Walsh House, 437 Peel Street Tamworth
- And the varying venues around Tamworth
8. Where can I see photos of the Festival?
9. Are all events 18 years and over?
Please check with each entertainment venue about age restrictions.
10. Can we bring the kids along?
11. Its January, can we still get accommodation?
12. I am an artist. How do I secure a venue for a performance?
13. What do I need to bring to the Festival?
- Fold out chair or picnic rug for outdoor concerts
- Driver’s licence or photographic identification. Registered Clubs and Hotels in NSW require proof of age and identification when entering some premises.
14. Where can I find more info about events and programs?
15. Download the Festival App
- Each year you can download the Festival App for iPhone and Android
16. Why is the Festival held in January?
Originally the festival was timed around the Australia Day Long Weekend which was the the third weekend in January and Monday was the holiday regardless when the 26th fell.
There was already some country music activity over that weekend from the late 60s and was deemed appropriate that the Golden Guitars be held then as well. Sometime in the 80s the Government of the day moved Australia Day to be celebrated on the 26th which took away the automatic long weekend. By this time the festival had grown into the 10 day event.
School holidays always finished at the end of January until that changed in the early 2000s
Thoughts about moving the date have been considered but there is no where in the year that can accommodate ten days. It is more appropriate to hold the Awards at the beginning of a year to celebrate the accomplishments of the previous year and it is the cornerstone of the festival.