Busking in Tamworth
The Toyota LandCruiser Country Music Busking Championships 2015 will be back for another successful year of busking.
It’s one of the most anticipated aspects of the Festival each year - up to 600 buskers performing on Tamworth’s “Boulevard of Dreams” in Peel Street.
Some of the buskers are here in the hope that they’ll be spotted for their talent and follow in the footsteps of some of country’s biggest stars. Troy Cassar-Daley, Kasey Chambers, Beccy Cole, and of course Keith Urban all started by busking on Peel Street.
Some buskers, however, are just here to experience all the fun and excitement of the Festival. Whatever your reason for busking, it’s time to register for one of the biggest busking events in the world!
Busking forms and registration details for 2015 will be available mid-October
2014 Country winners - The Mid North
2014 Non-country winners - The Germein Sisters
2014 winners list:
- Best Country Act: The Mid North from Bellingen in New South Wales
- Runner Up Country Act: Tia Gostelow and Jack Gray from Mackay in Queensland
- Best Non-Country Act: The Germein Sisters from Adelaide in South Australia
- Runner Up Non-Country Act: Grizlee Train from Wamberal in New South Wales
- People’s Choice: The Twine from Varsity Lakes in Queensland
2013 winners list:
- Best Country Act: Joshua Needs from South West Rocks in New South Wales
- Runner Up Country Act: Murdena from Geelong in Victoria
- Best Non-Country Act: WNB(We’re Not Brothers) from Toowoomba in Queensland
- Runner Up Non-Country Act: Pumpkin Juice from Newcastle in New South Wales
People’s Choice: Tia Gostelow from Mackay in Queensland
- Phone 02 6767 5300