ENTRIES OPEN 1 SEPTEMBER 2017
2017 Winner - Rachael Fahim
Confetti is the first single released by Rachael Fahim as the 2017 Toyota Star Maker winner of Australia’s most prestigious country music talent search.
Recorded in Brisbane at Red Engine Recording with producer Andrew Cochrane (Jared Porter, Kaylee Bell, Kaylens Rain, Caitlyn Shadbolt), Rachael said Confetti(co-written with Melanie Dyer) is about enjoying someone’s company so much that you don’t care about anything else but being with them. You just know when you’re with them it’ll be fun”.
Following the hit singles Say It and Rope, the debut self-titled EP finds Rachael Fahim in a much more personal space, co-writing with the likes of 2014 Toyota Star Maker winner Jared Porter, Amber Lawrence, Melanie Dyer and Tori Darke. Going through a break in relationship it resulted in an EP filled with quality songs with lots of positivity coming out of it including a return to Toyota Star Maker to take home the prize.
The Sydney-born singer was a finalist in 2015 and returned in 2017 to become the 38th winner of Star Maker in January 2017, at the Toyota Country Music Festival Tamworth.
Her previously released debut single, “Say It”, shot to #1 on the iTunes charts and was in the Top 30 on CMC for several weeks. At the 2014 MO Awards, she won the Johnny O’Keefe Encouragement Award.
The accompanying video to Confetti was produced by Josh Favalaro with award-winning company, The Filmery.
What do the names Lee Kernaghan, Keith Urban, James Blundell, Gina Jeffreys, Beccy Cole, Darren Coggan, Kylie Sackley, Samantha McClymont and Luke Austen all have in common?
Apart from being successful, well-known Golden Guitar winning artists, they all had their careers significantly boosted by winning the Star Maker.
Each year Star Maker invites aspiring country music artists to compete for a range of opportunities that will provide a substantial career boost for the winner.
Star Maker is more than just a talent quest - it is a search (through competition) for an individual who has the greatest potential to take advantage of the opportunities
offered in the Toyota Star Maker prize package.
Star Maker is an annual search for an individual star aged over 18 years that has the greatest potential to take advantage of the opportunities offered in the prize package.
If you are ready to take the next big step, complete the entry form and you could join previous winners of Star Maker on the ride of your life.
Click here to see Star Maker winners
The Toyota Star Maker prize package includes:
- Use of the title 2018 Toyota Star Maker Winner;
- 12 months use of a brand new, fully-serviced Toyota motor vehicle;
- A fuel card for the length of reign;
- A recording session with Australia’s top musicians and producer;
- Recording, distribution and promotion of three tracks to radio and other media;
- Production of three professional video clips by an award-winning director;
- A Maton acoustic guitar;
- Fender products;
- Shure products from Jands Australia;
- 12 months media promotion in Australia’s only monthly country music magazine Country Music Capital News;
- Full colour promotional material including posters, a pull-up and more;
- Direct and personal introductions to the industry based on the organisers 38 years history;
- Guidance and support by HSF Artist Services;
- Media promotion including radio, print and television;
- Photographic portfolio with Andrew Pearson Photography Tamworth;
- Hair and make-up styling by Plush Hair Designs & Make-up of Tamworth for photographic portfolio;
- A designated list of events for Toyota including National Tree Day;
- Guaranteed paid performances at a designated list of events including Tamworth, Gympie, Broadbeach, Mildura, Central Coast, plus a special showcase performance at the Toyota Star Maker event in 2019;
- A guaranteed paid performance with Tamworth’s Wests group;
- Return air tickets to Nashville for the CMA Festival in June 2018 courtesy of Chris Watson’s Travel Partners;
- A guaranteed performance with The Pub Group;
- Return air flight for one to Nashville for the CMA Festival in June 2018 courtesy of Chris Watson’s Travel Partners Tamworth;