Festival organisers today announced that the Toyota Country Music Festival Tamworth 2015 is set to be one of the biggest and brightest in the Festival’s 43 year history – and it all starts in only nine short weeks.
The official local launch at Oxley Lookout, Tamworth, was celebrated with performances by Golden Guitar finalist Kaylens Rain, as well as Jared Porter and Kaylee Bell; winners of Toyota Star Maker, Australia’s top talent quest for country music singers, which is a feature event of the annual 10-day festival.
These artists, and hundreds more, will be joined by international country music king Kenny Rogers and Australian country music’s best and brightest, including multi Golden Guitar winners Paul Kelly and Kasey Chambers when the Toyota Country Music Festival Tamworth kicks off on Friday 16 January, 2015.
The Toyota Country Music Festival Tamworth will host around 800 performers and 4,000 shows across 120 venues, making it the biggest and longest music festival in Australia.
Member for Tamworth, Kevin Anderson, said Tamworth’s place in Australia’s musical landscape is unique.
“Tamworth is the proud home of the Toyota Country Music Festival, which welcomes tens of thousands of Festival fans and music lovers to our region each year,” Mr Anderson said.
“The NSW Government is pleased to continue its support for the Festival, which is a Hallmark event for NSW, through our tourism and major events agency Destination NSW. I congratulate the community and its many organisations which work hard each year to ensure visitors have an unforgettable experience,” he said.
The Mayor of Tamworth Regional Council, Cr Col Murray, said the city was ready to welcome the vast festival crowds and special visitors, many of whom he said had made Tamworth an annual pilgrimage.
“The Festival is on track to be another memorable and enjoyable experience, offering even more for festival fans.”
He cited the performance by Grammy award-winning country music legend Kenny Rogers, and the fact that the cream of the Australian country music industry will converge on the city for the Festival as just the beginning for the city’s premier music event.
“And it is also all the other performers, including the buskers, who help provide the atmosphere which has given the Tamworth Country Music Festival an international reputation,” Cr Murray said.
“As always there will be a huge line-up of incredible musicians and performers at the Festival, and we guarantee there will be no shortage of entertainment day and night. With both ticketed and free events, there is something for everyone and for music lovers of all ages, and it is this we are most proud of.
“The fact we have a festival that is a pinnacle event and which is hugely popular and successful, is a credit to the city and all those who visit who make this event what it is.”
The Toyota Country Music Festival Tamworth 2015 is proudly supported by the NSW Government through its tourism and major events agency Destination NSW.
The Toyota Country Music Festival Tamworth 2015 will be held from Friday 16 to Sunday 25 January.
For more information visit www.tcmf.com.au
- Multi Grammy award winner, Country superstar Kenny Rogers will perform his special Through the Years World Tour concert at the Toyota Country Music Festival Tamworth 2015 from 4pm on Sunday 25 January at the Tamworth Regional Entertainment and Conference Centre (TRECC). Tickets are available from the Festival website here.
- Catch Paul Kelly, multi Golden Guitar Award winner and iconic Australian singer songwriter, who returns to Tamworth with a special soul revue, The Merri Soul Sessions. All happening from 7.30pm on Wednesday 21 January at the Tamworth Regional Entertainment Conference Centre (TRECC). Tickets are available from the Festival website here.
- Kasey Chambers, one of Australia’s most gifted singer songwriters and recipient of 13 Golden Guitar Awards, will officially kick off the Festival, headlining the free Opening Concert in Toyota Park on Friday 16 January. A must-see event for the whole family, complete with fireworks.
- Loved and respected singer songwriter and one of the Australian country music industry’s most popular figures, Troy Cassar-Daley, will take a walk down memory lane with his concert, Streets of Old Tamworth. Held on Thursday 22 January at 4.30pm at the TRECC, tickets are available here.
- The two-part show that the talented and admired The McClymonts are putting on at the TRECC on Wednesday 21 January at 2pm is a feature event of the Festival. The three sisters, originally from Grafton, will play their show in two parts – first an acoustic set followed by an electric set with their full band. Tickets are available here.
- Tamworth Town Hall will be hosting a list of Australian music industry legends including John Williamson. Tickets to his show Honest People on Friday 23 January at 8pm can be purchased here.
- On Friday 23 January at 3pm, Graeme Connors will bring songs of the sea, the sand and the sunshine to Tamworth Town Hall with his show Coastal Country, tickets are available here.
- Toyota Star Maker is Australia’s premier country music talent search that has launched the careers of some of Australia’s best-known artists over the past 35 years including Keith Urban, Lee Kernaghan, James Blundell and Gina Jeffreys. This huge event will be held over two nights – the final on Sunday 18 January at Tamworth Town Hall, and the grand final, a FREE concert in Toyota Park on Friday 23 January where the rising stars will battle it out for the coveted title and major prize pool. Tickets for the Final are available here.
- The grand finale will be staged in Toyota (Bicentennial) Park on Friday 23 at January 7pm. Winner of this year’s Star Maker Jared Porter will return to showcase his 12 month journey since winning the prestigious competition.
- Graduates of the prestigious Country Music Academy in Tamworth and recent X-Factor finalists, Brothers3 will take to the stage on various occasions during the Festival. Check the Festival website here for details.
- Toyota FanZone Precinct is back (at the corner of Peel and Fitzroy Streets), with up to 90 artists set to make live appearances with FREE performances. Each day there will be artist signings, radio interviews, and other fan fun. From 6pm each night the FanZone stage will feature artists, including buskers.
- FamilyZone is also back, bigger than ever before complete with an enormous ferris wheel on Kable Avenue, rumoured to be taller than the Target building! The Zone will be a hive of activity each day with everything from farm animals in the petting zoo to appearances by well-known kids’ characters.
- Peel Street will again be a hive of activity as buskers, fans, stalls, 3D chalk art, stages and big name artists descend on the main street and will be a place to discover great amateur musicians.
- Australia’s longest running music awards, the Country Music Awards of Australia - The Golden Guitars - are held each January during the Tamworth Country Music Festival with the Awards building the foundation of the Festival. The Awards have been a core event for over 40 years and they represent the pinnacle in Australian Country Music. The 43rd Country Music Awards of Australia will be staged on Saturday 24 January 2015 at the Tamworth Regional Entertainment and Conference Centre (TRECC). Tickets are available from the Festival website here.
- And, after 37 fabulous years the Coca-Cola Concerts will move indoors to the historic Tamworth Town Hall, which will be packed with free, family-friendly activities throughout the day and fabulous ticketed concerts each evening. Highlights include Coca-Cola Battle of the Bands, the Yamaha Battle of the YoungStars, the hotly-contested Battle of the Bluegrass and the famous Walk Up and Sing event. Look forward to hearing Toyota Star Maker, John Williamson, Graeme Connors, Melinda Schneider, the Australian Bush Laureates, Roll of Renown, and Country for Lifeline.